Pandemic Go-Kits

pandemic-kitsI’ve had Pandemic Preps at my house for a while now.  I also habitually carried some Pandemic Prep stuff in my Day Bag and my Go Bag.  But in the last two days, due to the swine flu breakout/scare,  I’ve decided to put together a hardened kit to carry, primarily so I don’t squish my N95 Masks.

My previous posts about Pandemic/Swine Flu Preps are here and here.

I made one of the large kits for each vehicle and the smaller one for my daily carry bag.  They’re very simple and easy to throw together.  I wanted to demonstrate for you just how easy it will be to put one together for yourself.

pandemic-kits-open

In each one I have:

• 5 N95 masks (I have 5 so I have a couple to share with people I would rather not die, like the payroll dude).
  • 25 Pairs of disposable vinyl gloves
  • Alcohol based hand sanitizer
  • In my EDC kit I also have alcohol based wipes to wipe off any surfaces I might need sanitary

That’s it. Most of this stuff is available at Wal-Mart or K-Mart.  Actually, all of it usually is but N95 masks are pretty much out of stock in Utah County.

As regular readers will know, I also carry plenty of other survival and prep stuff in my EDC (EveryDay Carry) bag.  I now just throw this small kit in there as well.

Tags: , , , , ,

respond to post

included image max width: 435 pixels

responses

1. Jayce2009/4/27 @ 9:26 pm

I’d toss in a small thing of soap, if you have water, might as well be a little more thorough. Also, you can get ‘mini’ packs of the gloves, keep them compressed a bit.

2. Jayce2009/4/27 @ 3:26 pm

3. phil8012009/4/27 @ 9:45 pm

Very good points Jayce! I’ll definitely look for a small bottle of soap to add to it. A compressed pack of gloves would be nice too, haven’t seen them anywhere though.

4. phil8012009/4/27 @ 3:45 pm

5. Hot News and Buzz : Swine flu: alert raised2009/4/28 @ 5:50 am

[…] Phil, a farmer and blogger, from Utah, is taking no chances. He has put together a pandemic preparedness kit containing: 5 masks, 25 Pairs of disposable vinyl gloves, alcohol-based hand sanitizer and alcohol […]

6. Pandemic Prep thread – Page 3 – Politics & Current Affairs Forum2009/7/7 @ 7:14 am

[…] masks. [Full text] Utah Preppers. Pandemic Go-Kits. Instructions on making various home kits [Full text] WHO. Advice on the use of masks in the community setting in influenza A (H1N1) outbreaks. [Full […]

7. Charles Smith2009/9/5 @ 11:00 pm

Folks,
    What is not being discussed is the need for eye protection. When the flu is vaporized, the eyes become a point of entry.

8. Charles Smith2009/9/5 @ 5:00 pm